Audio Tuning Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are on the hunt for an Audio Tuning Specialist to ensure the correct partnership between audio software and acoustic hardware in Apple’s HW devices is delivered. You will be responsible for all audio tuning in various iOS and OSX device products, including those affecting speech in telephony and FaceTime applications. We are seeking the most passionate talent to join our group! We are a rapidly growing team and driven to innovate. Are you passionate about creating new products, working alongside passionate team members with a phenomenal work ethic? If so, this could be your opportunity.
- Be familiar with the basics of audio signal processing algorithms, including echo cancellation, noise suppression, active noise cancellation, multi-band compressor, automatic gain control, system identification and adaptive filtering techniques.
- Outstanding experience with standard audio measurement tools, e.g. SoundCheck, Audio Precision, HEAD Acoustics ACQUA, Rohde & Schwartz CMW500, Rohde & Schwartz UPV/UPL or similar.
- Understand basics of acoustic measurement instruments (HATS, handset positioner, artificial ear couplers, reference acoustic sources & microphones).
- Benefit from experience with audio signal analysis in MATLAB or similar audio analysis tools.
- You will be a member of Acoustic Hardware Team and work day-to-day with the Audio Project Lead Engineer and DSP algorithm teams.
Static and Adaptive EQs and impact on linear and nonlinear audio system behavior. Tuning echo cancellation algorithms, providing the correct tradeoff between echo return loss and double talk performance and speech intelligibility. Dynamic range control and compression, providing the best compromise between loudness and audio quality. Verification that products meet all operator, national and international certifications (including 3GPP, CTIA, and other operator-specific requirements) and regulatory criterium. Verification that products meet our internal Engineering Requirement Specifications. Actively participate in preparation of subjective tests and validation plans.
Education & Experience
BSc in Electrical/Acoustic Engineering with 5 years of experience or MSc in Electrical/Acoustic Engineering with three years of experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.