GPU Image Processing Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Directly impact the millions of photos captured across the Apple ecosystem every day. Join us to improve Apple’s industry leading image processing frame work Core Image: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coreimage
- Validated experience in image processing
- Extensive experience in performance programming
- Excellent knowledge of the C, C++ programming language
- Experience in GPU programming environments Experience in OpenCL/OpenGL/OpenGLES programming
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be able to quickly learn unfamiliar code bases and algorithms
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join the Apple Camera and Photos team to help develop the next generation GPU-based imaging processing technologies on mobile platforms with emphasis on performance improvement. You will play a meaningful role in adding new capabilities and optimizing performance for industry leading image processing frameworks. The responsibilities include investigating and finding opportunities for performance improvements, suggesting strategies to design efficient processing pipelines, and implementing optimized code paths for the best results.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science and 2+ years of experience.
- - Experience with Unix/Linux highly desired. Experience in OS X / Darwin is a major plus.
- - Familiarity with H264/JVT, MPEG 4 as well as common media container formats, a plus.
- - Familiarity with A/V compression/decompression, synchronization technology is desired.