Mac Systems Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you like working on a team that makes a difference with the products they create? Mac System Quality (MSQ), part of the Apple Hardware Engineering team, is seeking an engineer with outstanding experience in quality assurance on consumer electronics projects to join our team of highly skilled test engineers. We are an equal opportunity team with many opportunities for growth and experience. You'll work alongside hardware engineering, software engineering and operations to identify problems and deliver extraordinary products to our customers. Come join a creative team of Mac engineers dedicated to keeping Mac innovation the highest in the industry.
- Extensive knowledge of QA methodologies that cover functional and regression testing
- Professional hands on manual work experience in software/hardware QA
- Experience with Mac hardware and software debugging, diagnosing and testing
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and shell scripting
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
- Good understanding of Hardware/Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to communicate findings and ideas in written reports and in verbally in meetings
- Proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to effectively contribute in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment (Required to establish and maintain inter-departmental relationships)
As a Mac Systems Test Engineer in MSQ, you will be expected to: - Execute stress and stability testing on large pools of units - Analyze test results and present test reports to cross-functional teams - Oversee with an offshore team for expanding test coverage - Join inter-disciplinary teams to improve test methodologies - Identify, reproduce and isolate bugs and report issues in accordance with Apple bug reporting methods and testing guidelines - Use and enhance our automated reporting tools to create reports and maintain records of reported and resolved issues - Provide project managers and cross-functional teams with detailed status and progress throughout the hardware program - Review existing test coverage and identify areas for improvement - Evaluate existing tools and opportunities to incorporate new tools into the testing process
Education & Experience
B.S. in EE/CS/CE or technical degree with meaningful experience.