Technical Project Manager- Retail Technology
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple Retail Stores are the fastest growing stores in the world. The Corporate Team supports the 500 (and counting) Apple Retail Store locations globally, and are responsible for keeping every store consistent, competitive, and cutting-edge by creating innovative strategies, initiatives, programs, and technologies that are unique to the Apple brand. Apple is looking for a highly motivated Technical Project Manager to join the Retail Technology team. The Retail Technology team is responsible for the design and development of all systems supporting Apple Retail Store operations globally. Apple Retail systems include custom software and enterprise solutions for retail customers, employees and stores. As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading cross-functional project teams across multiple stakeholder organizations to support key strategic initiatives in a high demand and fast-paced environment. You will facilitate the partnership between Product Managers and business stakeholders to develop technology solutions that support Apple Retail’s best in class customer experience. To be successful in this role, you will act as a facilitator, advisor, consultant, and educator through each phase of the project lifecycle. You will develop relationships with all levels of the business and understand each team’s function and how it contributes to Apple’s vision for Retail.
- Minimum of 5 years project or program management in a high demand and fast paced environment.
- Experience leading large hardware and software test initiatives across multiple international locations.
- Successful track record of leading large cross-functional teams across multiple international regions.
- Superior knowledge of the IT project lifecycle. Comfortable with leading projects through traditional waterfall or agile methodologies.
- Skilled management of remote teams based in different regions throughout the world.
- Proven background in developing and improving processes supporting strategic initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to consolidate and communicate relevant information to IT Teams, Business Stakeholders and Senior Management.
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills. Must be able to manage activities with numerous individuals across organizational and geographical boundaries.
- Flexibility to handle directional changes and ability to concurrently manage multiple large-scale projects.
- Must be goal oriented, highly motivated and able to work under limited supervision.
- Experience with finance and inventory systems (SAP), point of sale systems, and web-based and mobile applications preferred
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence is a plus.
- Filemaker and/or Access experience is a plus.
- Oral and written fluency in English is required.
Manage cross-functional Retail Technology projects related to Apple Retail strategic initiatives. Engage and secure appropriate business and IT resources to successfully implement assigned projects. Work with cross-functional business stakeholders to define project scope and timelines. Partner with Product Managers to coordinate project functionality with existing solution roadmaps. Communicate project roadmap, priorities and key status updates to project stakeholders and business teams. Facilitate and manage key project activities throughout the entire project lifecycle with business stakeholders and the IT Project Team. Work with cross-functional team members in the definition, development, testing, and implementation of functional requirements. Work with IT and business stakeholders to ensure system designs meet business requirements. Identify project risks and develop mitigation plans. Must be able to accommodate various time zones to support international business stakeholders and project teams. Domestic and international travel will be required. Other duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or higher in a Business or Computer Science related field. Project Management Certification and Education preferred Fluency in multiple languages is a plus