Siri - ML Platform Infrastructure Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Siri is heavily focused on improving our backend technologies to support the machine learning efforts that improve our customer experience. The Siri ML Platform Infrastructure Engineering team is growing to support this ever-expanding need. They drive the design and implement advanced solutions to maximize our compute capacity across the globe while delivering a unified solution across both compute and GPU resources. The Siri ML Platform Infrastructure Engineering team has several challenges ahead in order to make use of all potential resources for machine-learned pre and post-processing jobs. The work executed by this team will define a unified approach to the machine learning processes within Siri and lead the way for other groups at Apple.
- - You have 5+ years of industry experience working with large-scale distributed systems
- - You have experience with all aspects of software development from architecture to requirements gathering, deployment and maintenance in a large scale 24/7 service environment
- - Engineering lead on at least three customer-facing features with year-long development cycles
- - Expert knowledge of one or more object-oriented or concurrent programming languages (Go, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, C++)
- You have experience with machine learning workflows
- Experience with one or more cloud applications services (AWS, Azure, Google cloud)
- You have familiarity with open source software used in large scale distributed systems environments in particular for:
- Platform as a Service (Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Service Discovery (Zookeeper, Consul)
- Distributed Log & Message queues (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Time Series Databases (Graphite, OpenTSDB, Prometheus)
- You have strong communication skills and experience working on cross-functional projects
Lead the design, development, and delivery of software to capable of optimizing Siri’s resource usage in a large scale distributed environment. Design and drive solutions for cross functional distributed systems projects. Enabling other teams in Siri and across Apple to use a common computational infrastructure for a wide variety of use cases, from production services and machine learning training. A successful candidate will have experience in system design and architecture as well as a strong background in development.
Education & Experience
B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of experience or equivalent.
- - Knowledge of core Linux fundamentals
- - Scripting skills (Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
- - Configuration Management (Puppet / Chef / etc.)
- - GPU programming experience, e.g. CUDA, cuDNN
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.