UX Associate Creative Director, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. In the role of Associate Creative Director (ACD), you provide leadership within the user experience (UX) team, specifically for http://apple.com, the Apple Store app, social media platforms, and digital signage. You will be responsible for leading a group of designers across multiple projects, typically focused on a single area: product launch and campaigns, retail, or channel. You will empower and mentor the team while providing critical feedback on deliverables, and work closely with leadership from other disciplines to deliver elegant UX thinking and documentation for informational websites, transactions, and app experiences.
- You have at least 10 years of significant experience in information architecture and UX design.
- You possess excellent conceptual and analytical skills.
- You have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills; can present and explain UX directions to a broad audience; and can contribute effectively during all phases of an interactive project.
- You understand how to bring to bear analytics and user testing to inform the process.
- You have extensive experience with content strategy and platform design, from large-scale marketing sites to transactional commerce sites.
- You are proficient in Web and app experience design and are familiar with current development technologies.
- You understand the requirements of the creative process, including typical time and resources needed to produce quality work.
- You are fluent in analytics, usability tests, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Your portfolio shows applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design, and content strategy with logical and creative thinking. Your UX documents include sitemaps, flows, and wireframes.
- You have a dream to work in a creative and dynamic environment.
- Collaborates across disciplines with writers, designers, developers, and creative technologists. - Ensures that assignments are on track and aligned with strategy. - Leads and motivates the team by having a focused vision, a level head and a clear strategy. - Presents work to internal teams and executives at Apple, clearly articulating design rationale. - Works as creative partner with other Marcom ACDs. - Demonstrates extraordinary strategic and design thinking and provides expertise in content strategy, system design, usability, analytics, user testing, information architecture, and marketing. - Articulates the rationale behind design decisions, and exhibits strong managerial skills to guide the internal team and external partners.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor of Science degree with multidisciplinary educational backgrounds such as psychology, computer science, information sciences, commerce and business library science, human-computer interaction, or another related discipline is preferred.