Mechanical Engineer - Display Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to lead activities to design and develop innovative displays used in MacBook, iMac, and iPad products. Our team owns the display module development from initial system architecture through ramp. As such, you will utilize your skills to own the end-to-end mechanical development and integration of groundbreaking display design into next generation Apple products.
- You will need to have three years of hands-on experience and proven track record in the design and development of consumer electronics or LCD mechanical design fields.
- Experience with mechanical design engineering of any of the following will be considered: consumer electronics, or small medical devices, or automotive components, or tooling/fixtures, or consumer appliances with tight tolerances.
- Should have experience of small parts, component design, assembly experience.
- Finite element/structural analysis, thermal simulation, and material science considered a plus.
- Proven ability to perform mechanical design & validation is a requirement.
- Experiences in developing and manufacturing high volume display products preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and people skills are required.
You will serve as a focal point in crafting, developing, characterization, and optimization of the LCD module mechanical design & performance for the portable displays. - Investigate up-to-date mechanical package designs and technologies to generate new approaches that further improve Apple portable display performance and enables strong and compact system designs. - Define and review the overall module mechanical architecture & performance requirements - Achieve system performance goals through mechanical design optimization, utilizing 3D CAD (UG, Solidworks, ProE, etc.), prototyping, and new material and manufacturing processes. - Define & implement rigorous validation plan for ME characteristics of the panels using a deep understanding of DOE, GD&T, CP/CPK techniques. - Driving failure analyses and design of experiments (DOEs) to reach design solutions and corrective actions. - Work with system engineering team to understand the mechanical interface designs, including alignment features, tolerances analysis, and advanced material for the components. - Work with multi-functional project teams and supply base throughout product development phase and support the initial product ramp.
Education & Experience
BSME/ MSME is required