Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Cloud Security Engineer to focus on building a secure, continuous delivery platform running in third party clouds. Our team is responsible for developing tools to manage and mitigate risks faced by Apple when deploying complex, mission critical applications. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in managing the security of infrastructure and applications across data centers and cloud services. You will design and implement new approaches and tools for securing cloud assets across Apple Information Security. This position requires practical knowledge of security concepts, automation, software engineering, and operations at scale. Understanding the security challenges of the platform will be the key focus for this role. Given that the security space is constantly evolving, drive to apply and learn new technologies will be another key asset. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space.
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience manually testing web applications or enterprise penetration testing
- Real passion for discovering and researching new vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for automation or integration with multiple APIs (REST, etc)Experience with containerization
- Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques
- Experience working with open source projects
- Solid project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management, in a professional manner
- Build, manage and integrate software to secure public cloud environments - Develop solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably, in a 24/7 environment - Collaborate with the Information Security Assessments teams to better understand and remediate the test findings coming from related security testing
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 4+ years of equivalent, hands-on technology experience in Large enterprise environments Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.