Software Network Security Engineer- Security Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine a dynamic and exciting environment where teams of people are dedicated to pioneering innovative technologies that accelerate security for one of the most valuable companies in the world. Apple’s Security Solutions team is focused on building cutting edge solutions and platforms to pursue information security at Internet scale. The group is tasked with building full stack security solutions that secure Operating Systems, Hosts, Applications, & Network. The systems being protected are high-demand operating at hyper-scale and handling extraordinarily large volumes of critical data - some of the largest in the world. The security domains include but not limited to areas like Anomaly Detection, Intrusion Detection, Anti-phishing, Web Application Firewall, DDOS Prevention, Network Security, & Malware.
- Proven expertise in Network security concepts and implementation including DDOS prevention, Deep packet inspection
- Expertise in Load Balancing Concepts and Platforms
- In-depth understanding of networking including L2/L3/MPLS/BGP protocols
- Experience with virtual switching platforms, DPDK , etc
- Enterprise in Layer 7 Load Balancing and Web Traffic Inspection
- Expertise in designing and managing forward proxy platforms
- Exposure to software like NGINX and Apache Traffic Server (ATS)
- Unix Performance Monitoring & Tuning
- Dedicated and Self-motivated
- Good people skills.
- Have good oral/written social skills.
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
We are looking for strong engineers with expertise in areas like Network layer security, Deep Packet Inspection, DDOS attacks, building Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancers, Forward Proxy Platforms etc. You are an excellent engineer with good understanding of various security concepts. You will work with partners, Project managers, and cross-discipline teams. You will be passionate about writing good quality code and comfortable to go through the scrutiny of detailed audits. You should also be passionate about exploring new emerging technologies for novel solutions to problems and be highly motivated with exceptional development and analytical skills. Responsibility: •The primary responsibility will be System Design & Writing Code, •Security Analysis •Performance tuning and debugging. •Exploring new solutions, approaches and technologies •Brainstorming new ideas and platforms
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of programming experience.