Network Software Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The role is in designing and building Software-defined route control systems focusing on hyper-scale Datacenter and Backbone Core/Edge Networks.
- In-depth understanding of networking including L2/L3/MPLS/BGP protocols
- Extensive knowledge in designing highly concurrent systems
- 4-5 years of production system building experience
- Architectural knowledge of large scale distributed systems
- Knowledge in software-defined networking
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
You will be part of the software defined infrastructure (SDI) team focusing on hyperscale DataCenter and Backbone networking. As a member you will design and develop new products using open data plane hardwares for building highly scalable route/forwarding control system. The goal is to delivery scale and reliability to our Global network covering datacenter, edge and backbone core. These products defining the SDI platform will be built drawing expertise from cross-disciplinary areas including large scale distributed systems, fault-tolerant systems, concurrent systems, operating systems and high performance analytics. If you are excited about innovating and building systems from scratch for massive scale, then our team might be the right place for you. As a network software architect, you will be working closely with the engineering and the operation team with the goal of defining, building and operationalization of the product. In addition, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry partners to learn and drive new technologies.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Should be great teammate who excited to work members having highly diverse technical background. Should have extremely good communication skill. Should be self-motivated in pursuing the objective goals.