Maps Content – Sr. Front-End Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking an excellent Senior Front-End Software Engineer for the Maps Content team within the Internet Services group. At Apple great ideas come to life through its product and services. We are looking for a skilled, expert, and motivated Software Engineer to own the design and development of a web application used to process, analyze, and store datasets used in our maps database.
- Developing web applications with a strong focus on visualization, design and usability.
- Working independently and with designers to continually improve the application
- Working with other developers on the team to deliver solid and tested products.
- Make technical decisions as to the future structure and tools used by the team
Education & Experience
- BS in CS or EE, or related field from a reputed university. - MS in CS or related field is a plus.
- - Experience with ElasticSearch / SOLR
- - Experience with GIS and related web frameworks such as Leaflet, OpenLayers or similar mapping frameworks
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.