Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will develop Apple products like iPhones, iPods, iPads, and more for different wireless technologies. As a RF Systems Integration Engineer in Apple's Wireless Design organization you develop and optimize RF automation systems used on Apple’s newest products including iPhone, Watch, iPad for tens of millions of end-users. If you thrive in supporting multiple products by authoring scalable software and utilizing strong engineering fundamentals, we want to talk with you. •Your active contribution to a multi-faceted software suite based on C/C++; and being adept in a variety of wireless technologies will have you contributing to the team quickly. •Furthermore, your analysis of results in conjunction with RF Hardware and Antenna Engineering teams to identify root cause issues.
- Your understanding and current experience with Wireless RF Standardizations (e.g., 3GPP, LTE, CDMA, 802.15.xx, NFC) will have you innovating quickly.
- Your excellent programming fundamentals and work experience in one or more language: C, C++, or Objective-C will have your contributing quickly to our projects.
- Are you a super-user of Rhode & Schwarz, Litepoint, or Agilent cellular automation and testing equipment. With all of this experience testing RF metrics you have a better than average comprehension of the technologies used in Apple products?
- We value RF fundamentals.
- You have hands-on exposure to RF lab equipment like: spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, network analyzers, power sensors, switch controllers, combiners, etc.
- You understand RF metrics will help you to discover trends.
- Your basic knowledge of EE lab equipment including: oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, etc. will make you a contributing member of the team in short order.
- Basic understanding of WLAN, BT, Cellular, NFC
- Energy and drive to thrive in a start-up like environment
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts & scalable software design principles
- Cellular engineers will:
- You use your knowledge of calibration algorithms for Tx power, XO, RSSI, Envelope tracking, IQ mismatch to complete your projects ahead of schedule.
- Description for cellular focused engineers:
- Your education and 2+ years relevant experience is a great start to being a part of our team.
- Your experience in developing test solutions for various wireless technologies is a skill you use regularly.
- Is your recent experience developing new software applications or drivers on any platform?
- We use cellular testers like CMW-500, but we prefer Agilent EXT/8960, so if you have experience with either or both of these
- Your familiarity with manufacturing in high volume technologies enabled by tools will help you thrive on our team.
You are NFC/UWB focused: •You are well versed with technologies ranging from 10MHz to 10GHz. •We really value your proven track record designing calibration algorithms for Tx Power, Receiver Sensitivity, RSSI, pre-distortion, group delay. •Excellent fundamentals in Electro-magnetic induction design •Knowledge of design using RF discrete components •Knowledge of relevant standards ISO 14443A/B, ISO 18092, IEEE 802.15.xx •Knowledge of calibration on time of flight, ranging Description for NFC/UWB focused engineers: •Your 3+ years relevant education and experience is the sort of Engineer we will add to our team. •Developing RF and Analog front-end and/or simulations and tests related to filters, tank circuit modeling, amplifiers, LNAs and antennas is your most recent experience. Also, you will be developing software apps and drivers for our platforms, which is like completing a puzzle for you. •Implementing non-cellular RF ATE algorithms like Tx Power, Rx Gain calibration, Group delay •Specifically, experience with testing RF metrics for both narrow and wide-band technologies
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MSEE preferred