Writer, Today at Apple
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is in search of an exceptional Senior Copywriter to join our Today at Apple team in Retail Marketing. As our ideal candidate, you will help to create innovative and compelling experiences across live events in Apple stores and online that inspire and educate Apple customers worldwide; from art and design, to film-making, photography, music, to coding, business and education.
- 7+ years of experience writing for traditional or digital agencies, in-house marketing teams, or digital publications. Along with references.
- An impressive portfolio full of marketing campaigns, corporate websites, social campaigns, articles, blogs, or work in other digital channels.
- Solid expertise in developing creative concepts and content for a variety of campaigns, across a broad range of problems and media, including advertising, retail, collateral, promotional materials, social, and digital/interactive.
- In depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process and able to effectively collaborate with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Producers to develop work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous about spelling and punctuation, extreme attention to detail.
- Create content that explains advanced technology in ways accessible to everyone.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with varying deadlines.
This role helps create internal and customer-facing copy for learning and entertainment experiences in Apple stores and online. Projects include creating core content across categories and for the various promotion touch points in-store and online. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker and self-starter, who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced, environment, can learn and adapt, share ideas and give options, and operate with minimal supervision. Create strong work that can be seamlessly integrated into various mediums and touch points. Effectively present ideas and campaigns with leadership to get feedback on direction and to ensure the work is aligned with other activities. Work with creative team members to develop creative concepts that are strategically sound and creatively bold. Report to an ACD, partnering closely with him or her throughout the process, on all aspects of a project. Keep up to date on the latest Apple products, solutions, and related technologies. Be a collaborative team player who’s fun to work with. Be highly engaged with the Art Directors and designers on your projects. Deliver exceptional headlines and copy. Create work that’s on strategy. Be hyper-focused on details and product accuracy. Be resilient when we have to leave good ideas behind (in pursuit of great ones). Put innovative ideas out there. Be willing to take risks, fail, and learn from mistakes. Write copy in various touch points and mediums that is inspiring and keeping with the voice of the Apple brand. Turn raw notes, ideas, and material into finely crafted pieces of content. Work with Marketing, Producers, and Creative Director to refine and execute campaigns. Work with the Producer to ensure schedules are accurate, realistic, and that deadlines are met. Flexible and adaptable to working on a broad range of projects in various disciplines.
Education & Experience