Field Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Field Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical Field Engineer with in-depth knowledge in wireless communication standards and RF/Antenna system. You will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and the Lab. Envision what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid understanding along with a practical experience in at least one of the Wireless technology including Wi-Fi, BT, NFC, UMTS or LTE.
- In depth knowledge in System test plan creation and execution for any given wireless technology.
- Background in Antenna theory or RF issues debugging is a plus.
- Good interpersonal and proven written/verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and should be proactive
- Demonstrate the ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Able to Travel Locally and Internationally
- SHOULD HAVE:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Deep knowledge and understanding of any Wireless technology
- Scripting experience (shell/perl/python/Matlab)
Field Engineer will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and the Lab. This includes very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, etc. The successful candidate will be working with several cross-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW System issues.
Education & Experience
Must have a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar or a minimum of 0-2 years of experience.