Power and Performance Engineer.
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides media and graphics software foundation for MacOS and iOS based products. Combining state of the art software techniques with next- generation hardware, IMG takes the media experience to the next level. Being part of IMG, the MacOS GPU Software team is responsible for developing the graphics foundation which plays a critical role in our MacOS system and user experiences. Our technology provides the GPU acceleration that drives Apple's unique UI, high-quality video, computing, display and camera features. It enables the advanced graphics seen in today's top games and other professional applications running on the Mac.
- Power and/or performance measurement, profiling and analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- System level knowledge (bigger picture)
- Experience writing and debugging kernel/device drivers in a multi-threaded environment Have proven track record of project completion
- Be an excellent teammate as well as able to work well on individual assignments
The MacOS GPU Software Power and Performance team combines detailed knowledge of the latest GPU hardware with Apple's system requirements to meet the increasingly stringent demands of current and future generations of Macs. The team partners with other teams to deliver system level power management and performance goals and the best user experience. You will join the team to drive improvements in GPU Power Management and Performance with core responsibilities as follows: - Partner with both internal teams and vendor teams on power and performance analysis, profiling, and tuning across user scenarios and applications. - Be the direct responsible person for critical hardware and/or software projects, drive development and tuning towards targets, align goals and track progress across teams, present analysis and findings in cross-functional meetings. - Participate in new cutting-edge hardware bring-up, validation and feature development. - Participate in hardware and software troubleshooting.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree.
- • MacOS, iOS, or other UNIX-like operating system • GPU hardware knowledge.
- • Platform knowledge.
- • Graphics stack and API knowledge.