Search Infrastructure Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want an opportunity to be part of a team which is re-architecting search infrastructure from the ground up to deliver the best in class local search experience for our customers? Would you like to be part of a team that impacts millions of users every single day? Does finding patterns in data and building highly scalable data-driven systems to solve real-world problems excite you? Does designing and improving Local Search for all Apple Maps users appeal to you? If yes, we invite you to join our mission in building and redefining Apple’s Local Search. We are looking for a self driven Search Engineer to deliver the next generation of Local Search. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about search, cares about innovation, software craftsmanship, building high performance software products, always thinking about optimizing software for best utilization of resources and provide a high quality of customer experience by providing the best search results. Apple Maps is used every single day by hundreds of millions of people around the world and we are looking for talented people to help us build the next generation of rich, dynamic interactive map services that will power today’s Apple products as well as those yet to be invented. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Experience developing high quality, high performance Server Software in Java or C++
- Extensive experience with high-performance HTTP server architecture.
- Experience developing Information Retrieval, Search, Advertising, or similar systems, solving high scalability problems
- Expert knowledge of software development in C++ or Java Experience in Unix or Linux related software development
- Extensive experience with object-oriented design Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. As a member of this team you will be working on various components within Search Infrastructure. - You will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of core search components that serves millions of customers worldwide. - You will be working closely with the data, search relevance and analytics teams to develop new features and ensuring our customers have the best search experience. - You will be working on high performance and highly available search systems using Lucene, Java in Linux environments or similar technologies. - You will participate in design and code reviews and work with engineers and QA to deliver high quality search experience to our customers. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related domains
- - Algorithm development/design
- - Experience developing features for a production scale Search Engine or building applications on Lucene is a plus
- - Experience with analysis and improving efficiency, stability and scalability of search or similar distributed systems
- - Knowledge of Hadoop/Map-Reduce/Yarn/Spark
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.