Senior Product Designer, iCloud
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s iCloud Human Interface team is seeking a senior product designer to work on new products and initiatives, and enhance existing experiences, for iCloud and Apple ID. The ideal candidate is motivated to tackle complex problems and to devise simple, delightful experiences for users.
- 5+ years experience in user interface design for consumer or enterprise
- Deep knowledge of Apple platform design conventions, particularly iOS and macOS
- Mastery of Sketch, Keynote, Photoshop, or other design tools
- Comfortable producing detailed interaction flow diagrams in OmniGraffle or similar
- Ability to produce rapid prototypes
- Experience working across multiple projects at once
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project
- Proactive and articulate communicator and team player across all levels of the organization
- Rigorous attention to detail and consistency
- Proven track record of self-direction and follow-through
From inception through implementation and testing, this senior product designer will collaborate with the iCloud HI team as well as our cross-functional partners and stakeholders at all levels of the organization. This person will specialize in distilling complex technical requirements into simple and effortless experiences for customers that uphold Apple’s commitments to user privacy and security. They will advocate for the user while simultaneously understanding the interests of privacy, security, anti-fraud, marketing, and engineering groups, and be an effective diplomat and negotiator in working closely with these groups and others around the company. They will have exemplary presentation skills in order to convey design directions and reasoning to executive sponsors, and will be comfortable with their ideas being challenged and debated in this setting. Apple believes privacy is a fundamental human right. This designer will uphold this core value by crafting experiences for our customers that offer unparalleled transparency and control in their experiences with iCloud and Apple ID. The ideal candidate will possess, or be eager to develop, a deep domain familiarity with cloud-based systems architectures and topics related to authentication, and apply that knowledge to developing and promoting Apple-class experiences that don’t compromise usability for privacy and security. This person should possess a keen ability to identify the information that is relevant and important to users, in order to produce user experiences that are seamless, intuitive, and work hard on behalf of the non-technical user. Responsibilities of this position also include: creating detailed interaction and pixel specs; preparing assets for use in a variety of platforms, engineering implementation, web use, or Keynote presentations; maintaining up-to-date files and uniform naming conventions; and ensuring design consistency across all assets and products.
Education & Experience
Degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, information science, cognitive science, computer science, or equivalent Relevant Links: http://www.apple.com/privacy http://www.apple.com/icloud