Machine Learning Technologist, Video Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking a Machine Learning technologist to help set technology strategy for our Video Applications Engineering team. Our team develops Apple's well-known video applications, including Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Memories part of the Photos app, and the exciting new Clips mobile app. We utilize both ML and Computer Vision technologies in our applications, and are doing so at an increasing pace.
- Strong machine learning background, with hands-on experience building multiple significant ML systems.
- 3-5 years’ minimum experience using ML to tackle a variety of Computer Vision and other problems.
- Ability to discern whether a particular ML technology is viable for solving specific application problems.
- Strong programming skills and experience with significant software development projects.
- Strong experience with most of the following: C/C++, Python or similar, Matlab, GPU programming.
- OS X and/or iOS development experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to collaborate and build productive cross-functional relationships.
We are looking for an expert ML engineer/scientist who has played a significant role in multiple ML implementations — ideally in both academia and in industry — to solve a variety of problems. You will advise and consult on multiple projects within our organization, to identify where ML can best be employed, and in areas of media utilization not limited to images and video. You should have the ability to estimate the level of ML development and training effort required for a given application. In this position, you will stay abreast of virtually all ML/CV hardware and software technologies under development and research at Apple, advise us on how to best leverage these, and suggest creative ways to augment these with our own ML/CV development. You will also stay up to date with the latest relevant developments in industry. In this role you will establish peer technical relationships with top ML technologists within Apple, as well as those within the industry and academia. We expect that you will have significant software development and integration knowledge in order to be both an advisor to and significant developer on multiple initiatives. You will go beyond industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, think dynamically outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical environments.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Computer Science or related Engineering, Science, Math discipline