Marcom Production Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The role of Production Designer in Marcom is the liaison between the Creative Design and Mechanical Production Studio teams, ensuring the original design intent—established by approved creative—is maintained thoughtfully and consistently throughout the production processes. In this role, you will provide production mechanical building expertise combined with a great sense of design acumen to maintain the high level design and quality standards that are the hallmark of Apple.
- You have three to five years production design experience implementing complex design concepts into dynamic marketing materials.
- You are highly skilled in Photoshop, Bridge, and Acrobat.
- You are committed to the project’s core set of creative across the full suite of print and some online deliverables.
- Strong communication skills, able to explain ideas and direction to others clearly, diplomatically and concisely.
- You react quickly to new information, opinions and direction and strategically pivot when necessary.
- Creative Advertising or Design Agency experience preferred. Samples of design implementation and mechanical production samples required.
- You dream of working in a dynamic, collaborative, creative, and challenging environment.
- You are incredibly resourceful, a multitasker who builds relationships by being and innovative.
- Flexible, dedicated, highly organized, excellent at multi-tasking.
Directly support Creative Design staff and Mechanical Production Studio. Create design adaptations at different aspect ratios and scales. Use design implementation experience to anticipate and problem-solve executional issues such as image cropping, scaling, layout ratio reformatting, resolution, function, color, reproduction and finishing. Build and maintain design roadmaps, master layouts and other internal visual documents. Partner with cross functional teams including Creative, Project Management, Print Production, Mechanical Studio, Editing and Content. Create master pre-production layouts for hand-off to Production Studio with notes on allowable design and content variations. Incorporate Apple brand, typography, and identity guidelines. Build production design guideline documents that convey creative direction and production specifications to internal (Production Studio and GEO partners) and/or external users (Agencies and Partners). Review all Studio produced mechanicals and communicate feedback/changes. Work within a flat hierarchy, be a real person and excellent teammate with other Designers, Production Designers and Mechanical Artists to succeed together. Expert in Mechanical Production, Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree in Graphic Design or similar field preferred.