Fitness Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Our ever-evolving suite of fitness and activity tracking features in iPhone and Watch are helping our users live more active, healthier lives. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same dedication to innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product? Then you should join the Apple Watch team. Our teams feature a collaborative environment with creative, smart people and groundbreaking technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and encouraged. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn’t know of yet.
- 5 or more years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience leading a team of highly skilled engineers
- You'll have successfully launched high quality consumer products
- You care deeply about product excellence
- Coding experience in Objective-C
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You excel at troubleshooting and debugging difficult problems
- You are someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and learning new technologies
- Passion and prior experience designing and implementing outstanding user interfaces and customer experience
- Finally, we expect you to have deep understanding of object oriented design, memory management, and performance optimization
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As a team, we are responsible for the all-day activity tracking and workout functionality on Apple Watch, as well as wellness apps such as Breathe and Heart Rate. As an engineering manager on the Watch team, you will be responsible for driving new features, functional specs and schedules. You'll work on improving quality and performance, resource planning, and developing and mentoring your team. The ideal candidate will be technically hands-on and will be expected to quickly become proficient with the code to set technical direction on multiple projects. Strong project management skills will be critical in this role as you will work with other software engineering teams, partner closely with QA, design, marketing and other key people. As the face of the fitness experience, every engineer can have an enormous impact on the product we ship. To succeed here, you'll need above all to be passionate about building great products. Please Note: This is an onsite role located in Cupertino CA
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent
- * If you have experience in the Heath, wellness, fitness space, that would be great.
- * Development experience on WatchOS or similar would be phenomenal, but not required.
- * An understanding and passion for fitness and health is a plus.
- * Experience with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch