Siri - Software Engineer, Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Build groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Work with the talent dense team who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done just by asking. Join the Siri team at Apple.
- Ability to apply Computer Science fundamentals (basic algorithms and data structures) to real world problems
- Proficiency in Objective-C and C++
- API design skills that translate into simple and easy to use interfaces for colleagues and customers
- Demonstrated ability to implement and debug multi-threaded software
- Practical understanding of network protocols and communications frameworks
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
Siri is looking for extraordinary individuals to lead and extend the software infrastructure, algorithms and APIs that let Siri move, understand, plan, learn, speak, and remember. You will be working as part of a small team to design and build the core frameworks of Siri’s next generation client/server architecture. You’ll take the lead on development of client side frameworks in Objective-C and C++, design APIs for 1st party developers, drive adoption of the latest networking stacks, solve challenging performance and reliability problems, and help make architecture and technology decisions that will impact the direction of the entire Siri organization. If you like taking things apart to see how they work underneath, you’ll love this role. Join the Platform team and build the platforms and frameworks that will enable Siri developers to build great features.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience integrating data and services from multiple providers
- Experience with AI technologies including NLP or machine learning
- Strong API design knowledge
- Prior experience with iOS application programming is a plus