Manager - Maps Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
In a mobile world, knowledge of the physical world around you is key. People rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about their environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. We’re looking for a great Manager for our Program Management team! Program Managers on Maps are responsible for delivering new products and features. We want people with proven track records of shipping complex, integrated, multi-functional products with super high quality standards. Maps program managers are engaged with all aspects of the software development process from requirements analysis & architectural design to software engineering development, evaluation, and deployment readiness. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a requirement, but you have more. You feel a personal stake in the services you support and the people you lead. You have a deep well of positive energy and have unbounded enthusiasm. You hold yourself and others around to (almost, but not quite) impossibly high standards. You have unshakeable integrity. You don’t preside; you do. You set clear, measurable goals for your team. You’re always asking why. You are as comfortable presenting to execs as you are with your nose in a burn down chart. You recruit and grow amazing people. You have deep wisdom and judgement. You know what success looks like. News of your taking ownership of a team or program causes widespread relief, joy, and celebration.
- - A history of leadership in program and product management and technical services management at scale.
- - Successful experience leading program managers, hiring extraordinary people, and building high performing teams.
- - Naturally accountable and responsible; self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed, self-sufficient.
- - Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- - Decision making and negotiation skills with the ability to influence without direct authority.
- - Strong technical proficiency
- - Managed services or information technology operations with industry leading players is strongly preferred.
You and your team will work with our software engineering teams to define, schedule, deliver, and communicate status for the projects the team is responsible for. You will take a role in improving how products are built and executed on Maps. You thrive in a fast paced environment, can adapt quickly, and can dive into new technology areas as needed, all while leading and strengthening a team of great program managers.
Education & Experience
BS in Engineering and advanced degree preferred but not required.