Tools & Technlogy Art Internship, Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love pursuing big challenges that require especially creative solutions? Can you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? Do you strive to craft elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system, and we design technologies to work seamlessly in unison. Join this team, and you’ll develop forward-looking prototype systems in collaboration with engineers across Apple. We take daring, revolutionary ideas and turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if need be. Together, our work will lead to the intuitive technology experiences that Apple is known for worldwide.
- Experience with at least one 3D software package (such as Maya or 3D Studio Max).
- Experience with sculpting programs (such as ZBrush or Mudbox).
- Strong artistic foundation in design, composition, color.
- Creative, with an eye for details.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
As Art Intern on the Tools & Technology team you will get chance to develop content for a proprietary rendering engine. You will be involved in the content creation throughout all production stages. The content will be representative of modern and forward-looking realtime 3D applications and games.
Education & Experience
Pursuing a BA, MA or Ph.D. in art, animation or related field.
- Considered a plus:
- - Interest in game development.
- - Experience with photogrammetry.
- - Experience with texture and material creation programs (such as Substance Painter and Designer, or Mari).
- - Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
- - Experience with animation.
- - Experience with content pipelines.