Software Data Engineer- Maps Software
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Map Service Team builds necessary infrastructure which are the foundation for many customer facing maps services for our millions of awesome customers. This is an exciting role for someone who loves realtime huge data processing pipeline. We bring our new ideas to the table, and we are excited to create solutions for the Apple Maps Developer Communities. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- You have experience with architecting, designing and developing Big-Data processing pipelines.
- You possess proficiency in MapReduce development and experience with Hadoop and spark data processing technologies required.
- Significant experience with distributed kev/value store.
- Build instrumentation experience.
- Performance Metrics Reporting.
- Strong Core Java programming experience.
You will architect, design and build Big-Data Frameworks that automate the creation of spatial a data warehouse. These data services enable maps developers to build new features at greater speed. We are part of a larger Maps organization which strives to provide foundation services for developers. As daily activities in this role, you will: Works quickly to deploy necessary spatial data solutions as requested. Recommend best practices of architectural and design performance for distributed data systems. Provide infrastructure and service team members solutions for efficient data-processing and data delivery. Build a geospatial index using realtime feeds which many teams can access.
Education & Experience
BS/MS or anyone with relevant industry experience will be considered
- Nice to have, but not necessary: Apache Kafka and geo spatial database experience, Python and Scala programming background.