Product Manager - Partner Solutions
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated product manager to join the Retail Technology Partner Solutions Product team. The Retail Technology Product team is responsible for the systems that Apple customers interact with and employees use to create Apple experiences in our Retail stores.
- 5+ years of product management experience within leading consumer products and/or retail organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders to clarify business problems, identify process/user experience improvement opportunities, and represent business interests during the design and development of technology solutions
- Experience delivering global enterprise level employee and consumer facing mobile and web applications, familiarity with user experience and interactive design best practices
- Proven ability to write detailed business requirements intended for software engineering, UI/UX design, and track record of working with engineering/design to create technology solutions
- Experience planning, managing, and leading complex technology projects in a high-paced, fast-changing work environment, leading the team through issue resolution during the entire development lifecycle.
- Experience planning and leading software release cycles including prioritizing features, coordinating schedules across platforms, coordinating user testing, and communication with stakeholders on roadmaps, delivery status, and change management details
- Ability to collaborate with software engineering teams to reduce technical debt, introduce new technologies, and migrate to new architectures
- Excellent meeting facilitation, written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience using Agile development methodologies and familiarity using JIRA/Confluence to document business requirements and organizing work into Epics, User Stories, and writing Acceptance Criteria is a plus.
- Oral and written fluency in English is required
- Up to 15% travel - domestic and international
As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our technology fulfills Apple’s vision for Retail and enables our employees to deliver the best Retail customer experience in the world. The Partner Solutions product team is responsible for initiatives that integrate Apple systems and technology with external Apple business partner systems. These include large global organizations like wireless telecommunications carriers, financial services providers, payment platforms, and multi-purpose transactional platforms. Working directly with external partners and engaging internally with Engineering, Market Development, Operations, and Marketing teams within Apple, the Product Manager will work cross-functionally to deliver technology solutions that enhance the customer experience and automate business processes in our stores.
Education & Experience
- Leverages system knowledge, user interface expertise, and business process knowledge to collaborate with engineering and design teams to develop new technology solutions
- Represent the business interests during the design, development, and deployment of new technology and systems
- Clearly articulates and clarifies detailed business requirements that are intended for engineering and user interface design teams to build new software
- Collaborates with business stakeholders and engineering teams to review designs, prioritize features, clarify scope, and negotiate trade-offs as required to meet schedule and resourcing challenges
- Provides project management leadership during the implementation to ensure coordination of funding, release schedules, communicate status, issue resolution, resource alignment, and quality standards are met
- Works with business stakeholders to develop launch plans and collaborate with the operations team to execute change management activities
- Product management experience within leading consulting, consumer products, wireless services, or financial services provider having experience working on direct integration with partner systems.
- Experience with wireless carrier account management, plan management, and activation systems is preferred.
- Experience with payment processing, mobile wallets, financial services integration a plus.
- Project experience building integration and application platforms that integrate multiple systems between organizations a plus.