Senior Manager, Embedded SRE
Seattle, Washington, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Information Security team is responsible for developing services to manage and mitigate security risks faced by Apple. As an Embedded SRE Manager, you will be responsible for leading the design, delivery and service management of key security applications. Beyond that, you’ll bring your best influencing skills to bear so that business partners across Apple join your vision for the most customer-centric results possible. We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to lead design and implementation of services that will improve the reliability and quality of our services.
- 5+ years experience leading technical teams
- Excellent knowledge of QA automation methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases and performing testing
- Expertise with CI/CD tools and deployment processes
- Superb communication skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Solid project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Must be capable of writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Experience in functional, performance and unit testing.
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services in *nix and public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience building and supporting containerized application technologies including Docker, kubernetes
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for building automation or integration with APIs
- Deep understanding and experience with centralized configuration management, coordination and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
You will lead a team that designs and implements new approaches and tools for security operations teams within Apple Information Security. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires expertise supporting systems at enterprise scale. You will lead innovative solutions in key areas: - Engineering - continuously optimize secure, scalable and performant security tools and services - Reliability - drive fault detection and correction, performance and uptime at global scale - Monitoring - instrument systems to gain visibility and understanding of how they are performing at any time - Automation and orchestration to enable accelerated infrastructure, application and software configuration deployment - Automated response to alerts or indicators of performance issues - Infrastructure as code
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of relevant managerial or technical lead experience.