Software Engineer - iCloud Mail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what we could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Can you put a spin of new technology on any systems? Are you passionate about making communication precise for billions of people every single day? If so, join Apple's iCloud team as a Software Engineer to design and build next generation email messaging services. You will be indispensable in crafting new systems architecture and technical direction, as well as the future of existing system and services. You will also work closely with multi-functional teams to effectively drive the complex interdependencies inherent in the project.
- Strong Java Expertise - including but not limited to: Core Java, Multithreading, Networking (including non-blocking IO), JDBC, RMI.
- Knowledge of JVM Internals, GarbageCollection, Concurrency.
- Strong in Java Performance Tuning.
- Expert in Java NIO and Concurrency.
- Experience writing REST based services using Netty or similar frameworks.
- Knowledge of IMAP and SMTP email protocols, MIME, Solr, and NoSQL databases is a plus.
Consider joining a small team writing the software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting products and services. We are looking for a deeply capable engineer who has a strong background in web services development, and who has built high-performance, scalable and extensible systems. In this highly visible position, you will collaborate with multi-functional engineering teams to define and implement some of the core backend platform frameworks and systems that will power a new generation Apple web services.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science,Mathematics, or EE is required