Text-Input Special Projects Engineer (Front-End)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The onscreen keyboard in iOS is currently the most-used piece of software on the planet, period. There are hundreds of millions of people using it as their primary form of text input to communicate every day. If your goal is to make a direct positive impact on the world, you won’t find a better opportunity than this! We are looking for the cream of the crop to join an elite special projects team of text-input engineers who are engaged in creating the next big thing(s) in text-based communication.
- Ambition to work on an elite team, and the skills to back it up
- Strong programming skills, preferably with C, Objective-C, C++ and UIKit
- Extensive experience in iOS developing user interfaces
- A strong sense of UI design and computer-human interfaces
- The ability to prototype quickly and maintain code quality
- Possess creative and out-of-the-box thinking to contribute new ideas, and then the ability to implement them
- Experience in development of utilities preferred (text input methods an asset)
- 5 or more years of industry experience (Mac OS X and iOS preferred)
The iOS keyboard and text team is made up of some of the best iOS programmers in the world. We are looking to expand this elite team with a few truly talented individuals for special projects. The qualifications bar is high, but then so are the rewards and opportunities. The iPhone and iPad keyboards revolutionized the way that people use their mobile devices to communicate, and we're pushing them further all the time. We are constantly exploring new ways to make text input a truly delightful user experience. We are looking for the best-of-the-best to help us innovate and develop prototypes of new and improved concepts related to text input. This is a high visibility, high impact position that requires a breadth of knowledge and deep understanding of OS fundamentals. As an engineer on the keyboard special projects team, you will be working cross-functionally with several teams at Apple working to develop truly innovative solutions. You will experiment with novel input experiences, iterating on prototypes that work and discarding ones that don’t, and then you will help drive those improvements and ship them to the world.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent