Apple Media Producer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced producer with top-notch project management, communication and collaboration skills, to lead profile promotions across the movie, TV and book store.
- Excellent organization, leadership, communication, and written skills.
- A self-starter who demonstrates critical thinking.
- Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners, technical and production teams.
- Proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- Communicates clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners, including analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks
- Experience project managing software engineering and product engineering teams.
- Technically savvy with a deep understanding of UI and UX principals and practice.
- Excels at driving overarching schedules and identifying milestones.
- Grasps complex processes and adapts to change seamlessly.
- Confidence in calling out issues and presenting to senior management on project status and schedules.
- Experience working hand-in-hand with creative teams.
- Understands the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware: (Mac OS, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, Apple Books, Video (Movies and TV), Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
- Well versed in pop culture, and passionate about digital entertainment including the latest trends and technologies
- Available to work evenings and/or weekends
The producer sits at the heart of Apple Media, working cross functionally with Design, Production and Editorial teams to coordinate and deliver engaging promotions and campaigns to our customers. Working closely with business partners to identify and understand their priorities, the producer maps out execution plans including deliverables, timelines, and dependencies. They collaborate with a wide range of worldwide teams to ensure that projects are completed under the required deadlines and that all teams execute the vision in a clean and painless fashion. Responsibilities include leading kickoff meetings, creating and communicating timelines, establishing milestones, scheduling creative reviews and articulating launch plans. Producers must effectively track and share project status, identify and resolve potential delays, QA and troubleshoot technical problems and confirm that all aspects are ready for launch. The producer will drive and document efficient processes in collaboration with engineering and product development teams. They must be the expert in how content iterates in our ecosystem, and have an in-depth understanding of how upcoming features will impact merchandising strategy. Producers bring together multiple lines of business and help fulfill the needs for content curation, events, and brand development. They must set the pace while working on high-pressure projects with extremely tight deadlines, staying flexible as priorities shift while also holding peers accountable to meet deadlines. Our ideal candidate will hit the ground running and be familiar with the speed at which traditional design and creative agencies work. This is someone who has a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration, exercises the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality, understands how to set the appropriate tone for a project, and operates with a constant sense of urgency, but without a sense of panic. The ideal candidate loves popular media and has an in-depth knowledge of Apple products.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree, plus 5 or more years of related work experience