AirPlay Partner Engagement Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
With the recent announcements by Samsung, Vizio, LG and Sony to support AirPlay 2 on their smart TVs, Apple is taking a significant step in expanding its partner ecosystem for AirPlay. The Connected Media team within the Interactive Media Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced software developer to join our partner engineering team. This is a key software engineering role working with our many AirPlay partners delivering Smart TVs, Wireless Speakers, and AV Receivers. You will join a team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering quality in Apple Products and those of our partners. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod, and Mac. Combining ground breaking software techniques with next-generation hardware, IMG takes the media experience to the next level. We are seeking a skilled software developer who has experience working with partner companies to help us expand our ecosystem of AirPlay compatible products
- 5+ years experience in software development in C/C++.
- Experience working with partner companies to deliver successful products
- Experience with networking, network protocols and Peripherals/IOT devices
- Understanding of media frameworks and formats
- Ability to create and manage to project timelines working with partners
You will work with major consumer product companies to accelerate the adoption of AirPlay technologies in their products. This will include working with engineering teams at partner companies to support their adoption of AirPlay 2 audio and video (occasional international travel possible). You will be an expert in our portable AirPlay 2 receiver, Web Application and Video Player working with internal Apple engineering teams. Participate in new feature planning and development based on input from partners. You will assist in building components of Apple technologies for AirPlay on 3rd party devices and help develop validation tools used by partners to develop 3rd party AirPlay receivers. You will document your work through maintaining specifications provided to partners and guide and train partner engineers about Apple technologies. You will have a real passion for ensuring high quality implementations of Apple technologies and building out ecosystems. You will join a hands-on development team that cultivates creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with iOS and macOS
- Experience with Objective-C/Swift is highly desirable.
- Experience with testing/validation software is a plus
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have the ability to stay focused and prioritize multiple projects while achieving extraordinary quality