Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This Position can be located in Austin (TX) or Santa Clara Valley (CA) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Apple is seeking an experienced Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Engineer to help drive Apple’s ongoing PKI strategy and provide mentorship and consultation on PKI projects. Digital certificates are used in almost all of Apple's products and enable Apple to provide both better security and a better user experience. They are an integral part of security features in iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, Apple’s Developer program, and online services like the Apple Store, iTunes and iCloud. They are also used to improve the customer experience in Apple’s retail stores.
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong technical background
- Proven command of PKI concepts with a proven understanding of x509 certificate fields and extensions and when and why to use each one
- Working knowledge of industry best practices and meaningful standards (I.e. RFC’s 2560, 3647, 5019, 5280, WebTrust for CA, and WebTrust SSL Baseline Requirements)
- Ability to use OpenSSL or other utilities to build and analyze certificates, CRLs, and OCSP responses
- Experience integrating digital certificates with applications and services
- Experience leading complex projects simultaneously
- Experience operating within a WebTrust-compliant control environment is a plus
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
The person seeking this position must have a passion for PKI. Duties will include onboarding new certificate types by designing CA hierarchies and certificate profiles, along with providing technical mentorship on digital certificates, cryptographic keys, and other cryptographic services. You will be providing training and technical mentorship to key stakeholders on PKI processes and procedures. The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with a passion for perfection, quality and detail.
Education & Experience
BS degree CS/CE or related field required