Electronic Noise and Vibration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Audio and Acoustics team at Apple is seeking an Electronic Noise & Vibration Engineer. As the Electronic Noise and Vibration Engineer, you will be directly responsible for design and validation testing of electronic noises across all products. You will work hand-in-hand with the product design and NVH teams, innovating in small groups with high initiative. You will also make significant engineering contributions to industry-leading consumer electronic devices. Are you interested in a fast-paced and challenging career where you will be able to improve products loved by millions? Do you enjoy your phenomenal communication, creativity, and problem-solving skills being pushed to solve unique problems? If this resonates with you, apply now!
- You will have a fundamental knowledge of acoustics principles, preferably in high-volume consumer electronics environment and electrical concepts. Other qualifications include:
- You have considerable knowledge of acoustics and vibration principles, with 5+ years of experience in the noise/vibration field; understanding of excitation and how motion of mechanical systems turns into radiated noise.
- You have acoustic and vibration measurement skills, are fluent in data analysis methodology, and have experience making measurements in anechoic/hemi-anechoic chambers.
- You have a fundamental knowledge of how voltage potential and current can lead to vibration.
- You are an accomplished listener with excellent hearing over the audible frequency range.
- You're a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Most of our engineers have advanced degrees in Acoustics or equivalent field, but equivalent expertise through other means is fine.
- A few useful skills, but not required…
- You have experience using precision-grade instrumentation for ultra low-noise measurements.
- You have background in electromagnetics, electrical engineering, and/or circuit design.
- You are able to learn new coding languages.
- You have a history of developing high-volume consumer electronics.
- You have knowledge in electro-magnetic actuators
As part of Apple’s Noise & Vibration group, you will have responsibilities that include: You will author SOPs, test plans, and specifications. You’ll quantify noises, facilitate user studies, establish thresholds in lab and factory environments. You’ll educate multi-functional teams to implement known best practices and run studies to learn new best practices. You will perform validation testing to targets and analyze this data to better understand root causes of problems. You will work closely with partner facilities overseas but will need to travel minimally.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD or equivalent, preferably specializing in acoustical or mechanical engineering. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.