Expert Map Editor
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Maps team is seeking an Expert Map Editor to promote the development of the next generation of Apple Maps. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you. Maps are an integral part of our daily lives, intersecting through multiple technology platforms. The team ensures that our spatial data provides a consistent and high quality user experience across mobile and desktop devices. If you are passionate about map editing and solving problems impacting millions daily, this might be your dream job. The Expert Editor will assist Project Leads by working directly with contractors to ensure teams meet Quality, Metric, and Delivery targets. The kind of success we are striving for will be the result of skilled people working in an environment that cultivates creativity, collaboration, and thinking of old problems in new ways. This position is based onsite in Austin, Texas.
- You will need excellent and proven map editing skills
- You have a background and passion in related Geography or Geospatial Information Systems
- Extraordinary leadership ability
- Ability to coach contractor team members
- Strong sense of ownership and integrity demonstrated through clear communication
- Dedicated to resolving issues and implementing chang
- Maintains up-to-date and expert-level knowledge of workflows, specs, product definitions. - Provides feedback directly to editor teams and strives to improve quality and productivity. - Supports the flow of information to all teams are up-to-date and consistent. - Responsible for supporting multiple projects and raising questions to other teams. - Provides assistance with project management (alerting project leads about issues, bottlenecks, and/or available resources).
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree - (Geography, GIS preferred)