Software Engineer - Infrastructure Security
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this role you will develop software and reports to analyze the network security within the global Apple networking environment, including information about taps and aggregators. You will query multiple APIs, analyzing the results and producing reports that summarize the findings from the analysis. The role will also entail other security projects and developing software and systems that provide oversight of firewall operations, network traffic analysis, ACL analysis, and auditing the compliance of network devices and services.
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Strong knowledge and experience with programming and scripting languages; python is helpful.
- Strong analytical skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and handle numerous projects at a time.
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills.
- Experience with networking, compliance or governance is a plus.
- CCIE, CISM or other certifications are not required but useful.
- Self-motivated with a self-starter attitude
The Senior Security Engineer will be researching, evaluating and implementing security tooling. You will be able to query multiple sources and APIs, perform analysis of data and provide reports and information to partner teams. You will work together with partner teams to understand, develop and document functional requirements and use cases. Investigate and understand new and emerging security attack vectors, then implement security solutions to effectively reduce or mitigate risks due to security attacks and firewall misuse or mis-configuration. Innovation in developing efficient solutions, processes and procedures to deploy new services and perform network and compliance analysis is required. This is an exciting position that provides opportunities to demonstrate creativity, learn new technologies and work in a global arena. Develop and install leading edge technologies to address security and availability concerns.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment assessment, background check and drug screen