Field Diagnostics QA Automation Engineer, Apple Support
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
AppleCare’s Field Diagnostic Tools & Systems Engineering team is looking for a skilled hands-on QA Automation Engineer with solid Software QA Automation experience. This role plays a critical role in supporting Apple customers by driving automation strategies for validating Mac and iOS diagnostic tools used at the Genius Bar and in field service channels.
- 3-4 years of software-based QA experience or a related field.
- Working knowledge of UNIX-based systems and command-line tools for debugging, analysis, and automation
- Consistent track record in and strong knowledge of core QA methodologies, including creation of test plans and test cases, authoring documentation, problem isolation techniques, regression testing, ad hoc testing, and systems integration testing.
- Experience with automated test harness configuration and management.
- Experience with source control technologies like Git.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work on tight timelines.
- Self-motivated, independent, and dedicated.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to accurately collect and track testing data, and to assist developers and project leads in gauging test coverage and impact.
Develop new and improve existing automated tests for web applications, APIs, and macOS/iOS applications. Work closely with engineering teams to build and maintain automated test suites. Use bug-tracking software to report and prioritize issues; work with developers and team leads to understand and pursue issues to resolution. Provide project managers and team leads with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases. Collaborate with and provide support to developers, readiness, localization, and other cross-functional teams. Identify and close gaps in testing coverage with automated tests or tools. Execute and oversee all activities in a test plan to ensure that objectives are met.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related experience, or equivalent work experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.