Biomedical R&D Engineer - Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technology Team conceives and proves out exciting new technology for Apple’s future products and features. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to join a cross-functional team to help drive feasibility of health, wellness, and fitness sensors, systems, and applications.
- Relevant industry experience as a biomedical engineer, hardware engineer, or
- Electronic design (analog and digital), PCB design, and Fabrication
- Data analysis, signal processing, machine learning and programming (using e.g., MATLAB, Python, LabView, C)
- Previous experience with medical, health, wellness and/or fitness sensors,
- devices, and applications. Good understanding of non-invasive sensors used to measure biological signals.
- Thorough understanding of measurement principles, sensors, and instrumentation
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging prototype hardware / software
- General understanding of human physiology
- Additional Requirements:
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment
- Must be highly organized, and be able to multitask
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work as a key member of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented.
Develop prototype hardware for physiological measurement applications Help design and execute small pilot studies using prototype hardware Perform analysis of data collected, root-cause sources of error in measurements, implement improvements in hardware, measurement methods, or signal processing Inform development direction related to product design, specification limits, and algorithm performance Cross-Functional Responsibilities: Solicit and incorporate input from cross-functional teams at Apple for hardware, sensors, software, and algorithms Communicate well-reasoned architectures, designs, and measurement approaches to other teams and Apple executives
Education & Experience
Degree: Master’s or Ph.D. Field of Study: Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related discipline