Senior Network Engineer - Operations & Implementation
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join the Data Center Network Team that support Apple’s external facing apps! We're a fun group of sharp engineers that provide network design, operations and software development support. The team directly influences daily operations of iTunes, iCloud, Maps, Search and Apple’s other Internet-facing services in order to improve efficiency, consistency, and availability. **This position can be based in Denver, CO/Dallas, TX or Sacramento, CA**
- - Minimum 4 years experience as a Senior Network Engineer in a large Data Center environment.
- - Experience with Cisco (Nexus and IOS) or Arista switch configuration
- - Ability to script in Python, Perl, or a Linux shell
- - Experience with Juniper SRX is a plus
- - Knowledge of CLOS networking is a plus
- - Experience with Cumulus and Quagga a plus
- - Strong troubleshooting skills and effective troubleshooting methods including:
- - Layer 1 (e.g., Copper cabling troubles / fiber signal strength, cabling standards)
- - Layer 2 (e.g., Spanning-tree, VLAN tagging, MAC address tracing, ARP issues, vPC)
- - Layer 3 (e.g., Routing troubleshooting, BGP attributes, prefix length issues)
- - Layer 4 (e.g., Load balancer and Firewall troubleshooting; BGP session troubleshooting)
- - Layer 5 thru 7 (e.g., DNS issues; assisting with identifying application issues masquerading as a network issue)
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for Apple's DC Network Infrastructure from Server to WAN Edge. You have a proven background in network infrastructure implementation and support along with a background working in a Linux environment. You will need to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deliver timely solutions across a complex network. You are a collaborative teammate and participate in active network discussions and solutions.
Education & Experience
B.S. degree or equivalent in CS