Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are seeking a senior level, high-energy and self-driven software engineer to join Apple’s CoreMotion team and help lead efforts in building a machine learning infrastructure. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. The successful candidate will enjoy crafting, developing, and managing the systems and workflows that enables CoreMotion scientists to focus more on analysis of algorithms and less on software engineering.
- Strong engineering skill in Python, Java, and/or Scala
- Solid understanding of machine learning techniques and workflows
- Prior experience with modern cloud computing technologies such as Spark, NoSql, Cassandra, Kafka, AirFlow, Hadoop
- Prior experience with modern web services architectures, cloud platforms such as AWS, GCE, Azure
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems and process
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Self-motivated, dedicated and solution-oriented individual
We're looking for someone with great ownership and a strong practical focus. You will be helping own the development efforts on a big project within CoreMotion from the ground up. You'll be providing leadership in implementing a secure, robust and a highly available machine learning platform. You will work closely with scientists, engineers, QA, and project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best-in-class secure and scalable systems. You will be excited by the prospect of working collaboratively with other groups to deliver truly amazing services to our users. You take responsibility; you can demonstrate creativity, initiative, and the ability to work to deadlines. You feel a personal stake in the product you ship. You thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it. You keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; and you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- COREMOTIONERP, LOMOCOERP