Advanced Computation Group- Algorithms R&D internship
Portland, Oregon, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Key qualifications:
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- You possess experience in signal processing and/or speech processing.
- You have the ability to work with probability and random processes.
- You have practical machine learning experience.
- Having a strong background in mathematics and/or statistics is helpful.
- You are a capable Python programmer with proven experience driving algorithmic solutions from prototype to implementation.
- You possess strong verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- You are able to work hands-on in multi-functional teams.
Apple's Advanced Computation Group (ACG) is seeking a talented intern to join the team in Portland. The ACG performs both exploratory and targeted algorithms research and development in a dynamic small team environment. This internship involves development of music information processing algorithms. You will apply your skills in signal processing, machine learning, and python coding, as well as domain knowledge of speech processing and music. As an intern you will work closely with ACG engineers on ground breaking algorithms targeting future Apple products and services.
Education & Experience
You are a graduate student in Computer Science or a related field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Electrical and/or Computer engineering). MS or PhD preferred. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.