Dallas, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here at Apple. New ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The sky is the limit with what you can accomplish with your passion and dedication. A fast-paced internal Software Development team is looking for an extraordinary backend development engineer to design and implement features in applications that enable Network and Datacenter operation teams to work more efficiently. Joining this team will mean you will be working on the key technology which support the major Apple applications, with all the scalability and high-availability requirements that entails.
- 5+ years of development experience in Java
- Previous experience with Spring framework
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience with building highly scalable services using a microservices architecture.
- Experience with message-based architectures using Kafka or another message broker
- REST API design and development experience is preferred
- gRPC/Protocol Buffer is not required, but nice to have
- Experience writing multi-threaded code
- Network Management protocol experience helpful
- Ability to express ideas clearly within the team and across other groups.
- Comfortable with Git source version control software, and test automation frameworks
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
In this role you will use your technical knowledge to drive features and improvements, and are comfortable with rapidly-evolving designs and requirements and have excellent social skills. Success frequently depends on working with other teams, such as Network and DC Operations. You have a sense of customer-focused solutions that "just work," and keep this in mind at every step of development. You will use your technical expertise to tackle rare engineering problems at scale.
Education & Experience
Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.