Security Tools Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking a Software Engineer to focus on managing information security data and making it actionable. You will responsible for developing tools to manage and mitigate security risks faced by Apple. This is a software development role which requires integrating, developing and managing solutions which generate and process large volumes of data from a variety of sources and security tools. You will chip in to a team that designs and implements new approaches and tools for security operation teams within Apple Information Security.
- 5+ years of experience in C++ / Go / Python or equivalent.
- Experience preferred in cross platform internals (Netlink, WMI, etc).
- Expertise in architecting, designing and developing big data frameworks for analytics and data management
- Integration with multiple APIs (REST, SOAP, RPC)
- Experience with common formats such as JSON and compression utilities
- Understanding of centralized configuration management and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Some working knowledge of network protocols and Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols (TCP, TLS, HTTP, UDP)
- Experience implementing and working with open source projects
- Proficient in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Extraordinary communications skills, capable of collaborating with multi-functional technical teams in a professional manner
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
This position requires software engineering background, experience with open source solutions and some practical knowledge of large scale data ingestion and delivery technologies. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space. - Architect, design and build a data pipeline that can automate the production and consumption of data. - Design and develop Self - Serve Access/registration/Management system and sets up the Data Pipe Lines. - Orchestrate scheduling of the data pipe lines for daily and history processing. - Work closely with multi-functional teams to capture requirements for SLA and Self - Serve. - We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company - Build and support scalable security tool provisioning systems and configuration workflows - Engineer solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably, in a 24/7 environment - Operate distributed systems and network based information security tools
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience