Engineering Program Manager - Platform Infrastructure Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Come help us build Apple's next-generation private cloud platform by joining the Engineering Program Management Team. We're building the technical foundation for some of Apple's largest and most exciting services, including iTunes, Messages, and iCloud. We are looking for people with proven track records of shipping complex programs under demanding timelines. We are responsible for critical and highly visible software services that support Apple's private cloud, and the successful outcomes and delivery of improvements, features, and new services. Supporting both open source and proprietary technologies with the goal of providing Apple engineers with the best possible developer experience. This position is hands-on with the entire software product development lifecycle from concept to delivery. You will lead a large number of complex and highly-technical software development projects, both within and across software engineering teams. You'll need the ability to build strong relationships and have a laser focus on execution, demonstrate high integrity, execute in rapidly changing environments, and handle conflict well. You'll deliver some of the most impactful and far-reaching software applications in the world. If you relish responsibility, are constantly looking to learn and improve, and are excited by the opportunity to build products that delight millions of customers, then we want to hear from you.
- 5+ years of handling and delivering software projects
- 3 - 5 years experience in Engineering Program Management and a deep understanding of how it differs from project management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Strong technical proficiency in the concepts of software engineering
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of project management
- Great prioritization and data-based judgment as tools within collaborative decision-making
- Experience handling deliverables and running meetings for requirements, technical design, progress, and status
- Experience with large-scale web services and the challenges associated with scaling-up a service
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Natural self-starter and comfort with ambiguity
- Accountable, responsible, reliable team member
You will drive all aspects of large, cross-functional programs and feature areas. Lead multiple programs including scoping, requirements, timelines, and delivery. You will own overall program schedules in partnership with engineering teams, client teams, and security partners. This means being responsible for achieving project objectives by planning, evaluating, and executing all project activities. In addition, you will establish and maintain a common and understood workflow and formulate an independent assessment of scope and dependencies for all software deliverables to vet and collaborate with engineering partners. You will be asked to communicate and track inter-team dependencies, provide guidance on priorities, feedback, schedules, and most importantly become a respected and sought after voice of your areas.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or a similar technical field.
- - Familiarity with a micro-services organizations
- - Experience with infrastructure services
- - Experience with CI/CD, GitHub, Artifactory, Cloud Services, Jenkins, or the like
- - Naturally accountable and responsible
- - Software engineering experience