Manager - Infrastructure H/W Engineering Programs
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Internet Services & Operations (ISO) group is seeking a great leader and top-tier Manager to lead the project managers supporting Hardware Engineering, Fleet Planning and Delivery and the Hardware Infrastructure Coordinators Group. ISO is an exciting environment responsible for service infrastructure that ensures our customers’ seamless experience, they support multi-functional technology projects throughout the Apple organization, including: iCloud, Apple Media Products, Maps, Messaging Services, and more. This is not just a task based job, you are responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a requirement, you feel a personal stake in the services you support and the people you lead. You have a deep well of positive energy and unbound enthusiasm. You hold yourself and your team to (almost, but not quite) impossibly high standards. You have unshakeable integrity. You set clear, measurable goals for your team. You’re always asking why. You are as comfortable presenting to execs as you are with your nose in a burn down chart. You recruit and grow amazing people. You have deep wisdom and judgement. You know what success looks like. Familiar with Datacenter, POP, Edge Infrastructure you thrive in a fast paced and complex environment. Partnering with the SRE, HW, Fleet Planning teams you will help deliver the portfolio of technical, infrastructure, and system needs that make Apple Apple. In addition you will also be pivotal to contributing to scaling, maturing operations and standard methodologies. Key to your success will be the need to act as a business analyst on applicable domains, analyzing business needs and requirements, participating and representing as required in problem solving and design of engineering discussions. Performing data analysis to drive key decisions is the norm.
- Successful experience leading at scale technical / engineering program managers, Infrastructure Operation roles, hiring extraordinary people, and building high performing teams.
- A history of leadership, decision-making and negotiation skills with the ability to influence partners without direct authority.
- Prior engineering, datacenter, supply chain and infrastructure experience
- Experience at developing, prioritizing capex budgets to support technical road map
- Process re-engineering experience. – ability to drive maturity and process optimization.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to represent at all levels of the organization.
Manage and influence infrastructure efforts across independent functional and property teams. Build stakeholder trust and persistently remove ambiguity by seeking to reduce complexity to ensure clarity around project goals, expectations and timelines. Develop a broad organizational perspective to facilitate strategic views around new projects and be able to facilitate discussions focusing on prioritization of existing projects. Create and maintain extensive work plans detailing complex technical projects in a fast moving engineering environment. Working with Supply Chain teams to handle deadlines and meet financial, capacity requirements. Develop and contribute to process improvement and standard operating procedures, in order to achieve required maturity and operational effectiveness, all while successfully leading and strengthening a team of phenomenal project managers.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferable in Computer Science or Software Engineering - PMP or equivalent project management certification - Knowledge of Agile, Kanban development process - Six sigma or equivalent analytical discipline - Experience of demand planning and supply chain principles relating to infrastructure assets. - 7+ years’ work experience in a similar role within software development, IT or Infrastructure operations environment. - Some software development experience. Python or Java experience a plus