Austin, Texas, United States
This position can be located in Austin (TX) or Santa Clara Valley (CA). Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Reliability Engineer to focus on building a secure, cloud computing platform. Our team is responsible for developing tools to manage and mitigate risks faced by Apple when deploying complex, critical applications. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in handling infrastructure and applications across data centers and cloud services. You will design and implement new approaches and tools for cloud infrastructure within Apple Information Security.
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Ruby/Perl/Go for automation or integration with multiple APIs (REST, etc)
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure services
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration services
- Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques
- Experience working with open source projects
- Solid understanding of networking and application load balancing concepts
- Deep understanding of *nix system internals and concepts, including storage technologies
- Strong project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management, in a professional manner
This position requires practical knowledge of automation, software engineering, server infrastructure, operations, security concepts, and technologies. Understanding the security challenges of the platform will be the key focus for this role. Given that the security space is constantly evolving, aim to apply and learn new technologies will be another key asset. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space. - Craft, manage and integrate software to automate and secure private and hybrid cloud environments - Develop solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably, in a 24/7 environment - Collaborate with the Information Security operational teams to support monitoring capabilities
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 4+ years of equivalent, hands-on technology experience in large enterprise environments