Developer, Backend Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. We are looking for an elite Developer for our backend platform that supports the Today at Apple solution for Apple retail stores. This person brings a strong understanding and authentic passion for software development, standard methodologies and keen focus on the customer. This role is essential in the evolution of Apple’s brand by working with the team taking http://apple.com to the next phase of its evolution.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional software development experience with backend and frontend development teams working on complex development projects Strong knowledge and experience designing and developing scalable web- based tools using Scala and/or Java
- Demonstrated background developing backend solutions for dynamic web sites - how they scale, how they work with other services, and how they may break Dedicated problem-solver who can work in a fast paced environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
- Ability to size technical efforts accurately A focus on quality with experience writing unit tests and collaborating with quality engineering to develop test plans Experience collaborating with other team members in multiple teams diagnosing and debugging complex systems, and participating in triaging and repairing build, deployment and operational issues Knowledge of Linux stack and comfort with Bash commands
- Experience with web application security and incorporating security into the software development lifecycle Familiar with database architecture (e.g SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, FoundationDB, Postgres) scalability, performance and tuning techniques Solid working knowledge of source version control software (Subversion, Git)
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams on DevOps responsibilities for application deployment, performance, monitoring, reliability and scalability Preferred experience with Docker, configuration management systems, CI build tools such as Jenkins, and logging and monitoring tools like Splunk Willingness to take the initiative to solve problems
- Proven capabilities to work under pressure and tight deadlines to solve critical issues Knowledge of JVM internals and HTTP with solid experience in REST and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira, Wiki Awareness of Scala coding standards and practices and familiarity with Typelevel libraries and Akka HTTP Apache Spark and GraphQL are pluses
In addition to a strong technical background, you possess confident interpersonal skills and an eye toward collaboration. The position requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to work well with partners from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge. It’s important for this person to be able to establish unquestioning relationships within a team with varied strengths and across organizations. This role will focus on delivering while having the agility to adjust and thrive in a dynamic environment.