Chicago, Illinois, United States
Sales and Business Development
Apple’s Education Sales organization drives the adoption of Apple products and services into the Higher Education market. This in turn, enriches the lives of millions of students and teachers around the world. Our sales team is the face of Apple to our customers. At the end of the day, we are here to help Higher Education customers transform the way people teach and learn— while growing top-line revenue for Apple. Higher Education Development Executives demonstrate a deep knowledge of learning, instructing, and the school environment to help Higher Education leaders envision and plan for effective pervasive technology initiatives with Apple solutions. Additionally Development Executives support the Apple education sales and marketing teams in advancing Apple’s vision for education.
- - 7+ years of education and/or field marketing/sales experience
- - You have experience in an academic leadership position
- - You have a strong working knowledge of Apple products and a real passion for sharing them
- - Exceptional knowledge of education and the education marketplace
- - You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- - Excellent presentation skills
- - You work well in groups and without routine direct supervision
- - Extensive travel required including frequent overnight stays
- - Position requires a high level of energy and extended hours daily
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - You will drive Apple sales through the design and implementation of marketing and sales programs. - You will present Apple solutions to the education market and demonstrate how Apple solutions can best meet customer needs. Presentations are provided to groups at seminars, briefings, conferences, and workshops, as well as for individual accounts where large revenue opportunities exist. - You will drive Apple’s core education messages of 1:1 computing and blended learning environments and effectively messaging all Apple solutions. - Mentoring Field Account Executives and Systems Engineers on Apple messaging to their customers. - Working reciprocally with other Education Development Executives on complex projects -Providing education expertise to customers to ensure effective implementation of Apple products and solutions.-Researching new education trends with the team of Education Development Executives -Managing the efforts of Apple Distinguished Educators, Apple Distinguished Schools and Apple Exemplary Programs in assigned region.-Supporting the efforts of the sales team in large strategic accounts. - You will assist the Area Development Manager in development of area marketing plans by meeting with assigned region managers and account executives to align marketing programs to specific sales strategies. - You will manage all education conferences and events in assigned region.
Education & Experience
- Terminal degree in education required, Ed.D./Ph.D. preferred