Sensing Hardware Engineer - Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technology Team conceives and proves out exciting new technology for Apple’s future products and features. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to join a cross-functional team to help drive feasibility of health, wellness, and fitness sensors, systems, and applications.
- •Relevant industry or academic experience as a mechanical engineer, hardware engineer, electrical/electronics engineer or equivalent.
- •Experience with health/physiological signal sensing, experimental design, data collection and data analysis.
- •Good understanding of non-invasive sensors used to measure biomedical/physiological signals.
- •Thorough understanding of measurement principles, sensing mechanisms, and instrumentation, experience with sensing hardware system design and architecture.
- •Experience with bench top verification test development, design testers and fixtures, drafting protocols and conduct data collection and analysis.
- •Experience with troubleshooting and debugging prototype hardware / software.
- •Relevant experience in at least two of the following three areas:
- * Biomedical data analysis, signal processing, machine learning and programming (using e.g., MATLAB, Python, LabView, C).
- -Mechanical parts/system design and manufacturing design,
- - Mechanical/multiphysics simulation using e.g., Comsol, Ansys or Abacus.
•Develop prototype hardware for physiological measurement applications. •Define engineering requirements, incorporate inputs from different engineering teams and deliver the requirements to component vendors. •Design and execute on sensor process, manufacture and validation test. •Work with vendors to develop process steps, SOP, and fixtures for consumer electronics components production. •Perform analysis of data collected, root-cause source of error in measurements; implement improvements in hardware, measurement methods, or signal processing. •Inform development direction related to product design, specification limits, and algorithm performance. Cross-Functional Responsibilities: •Solicit and incorporate input from cross-functional teams at Apple for hardware, sensors, software, and algorithms. •Communicate well-reasoned architectures, designs, and measurement approaches to other teams and Apple executives.
Education & Experience
Degree: Master’s or Ph.D Field of Study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Material Science, Engineering Physics, or other related discipline. Additional Requirements: •PhD degree in sensor/sensing technology related field is a plus. •Must thrive in fast-paced environment. •Must be highly organized, and be able to multitask. •Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. •Demonstrated ability to work as a key member of a team. •Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. •Detail oriented.