Sr. Software / ML Engineer - Apple Employee Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. With Apple's growing workforce and the large number of job applications submitted to Apple daily, applying machine learning intelligence to recruiting and human resources has become one of the most central needs in the company. As the first senior engineer on this team, you will help construct the foundations of machine learning for HR and build and deploy models that will affect all of Apple. We are actively developing a new product and need to ensure quality of the product while understanding the most impactful business needs and deliver fast. Join Apple's Applied Employee Systems team as a senior software developer and help our team of software developers in solving interesting problems and building innovative new applications. We are looking for a senior developer who can work with our application backend serving both a web application and an iOS app using a data pipeline that includes live big data ingestion, analytics, and machine learning models.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software (5 to 10 years of experience)
- Experience with big data pipelines using Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Ability to work on fast-moving projects
- Experience in building efficient, stable, and scalable data pipelines for machine learning
- REST API design and development experience for web platforms using Java
- Translation of requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment on fast-moving projects
- Ability to make decisions on architecture and solutions most appropriate for problems at hand
- Familiarity with machine learning model training and deployment process in collaboration with machine learning engineers and data scientists
- Experience in building stable, scalable, and high-speed live streams of data and serving web platforms and/or mobile apps
Apple's Employee Systems group will be working on large-scale data pipelines serving internal web and iOS applications with machine learning models and analytics implemented on live data streams. You will help a team of developers and data scientists develop and maintain a java codebase that handles live data ingestion, enrichment, and serving to a web and iOS platform. We are actively developing a new product and moving at a fast pace and rely heavily on communication and candid feedback among team members. You will also be working closely with dev-ops in planning and architecting our deployment and server needs and with iOS and web developers in building new features. Other aspects of the job include mentoring and providing feedback to junior developers, working with the team manager and PM in estimating scope and team capacity, responding to urgent requests from executives or business needs, and maintaining the stability and high reliability of our systems.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?