Engineering Project Manager-Customer Feedback & Diagnostics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple has a strong dedication to its customers. When customers report issues with their Apple Products, we strive to provide the comprehensive information while also working to improve our software in upcoming releases. Join the team that develops technologies for collecting and diagnosing feedback from our customers! The Software team is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to work with our Customer Feedback and Diagnostics engineering teams. Our teams build innovative software that collects user feedback on beta software updates and major OS releases, as well as mobile diagnostic tools that are deployed to Geniuses and field service technicians globally to help customers and directing repair solutions. This EPM role includes working with our software, AppleCare, and IST&T partners to define, schedule, track and communicate status of all work taking place in Customer Feedback and Diagnostics. Triaging issues, scheduling fixes, facilitating communication, driving large multi-functional meetings, making meaningful decisions about features are exciting, important parts of this role.
- Real passion for user-focused design & high quality technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment, and able to respond to changing priorities
- Self-motivated and dedicated with creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience driving software lifecycle with cross-divisional partners, working collaboratively and building consensus among multiple teams
- Ability to actively identify possible risks and communicate them swiftly and effectively
- Thorough knowledge of Apple’s software products a plus
- Knowledge of software project management tracking tools as well as bug-tracking systems and processes a plus
- Work closely with our partner teams within Apple to define new features, running a diverse portfolio of projects - Lead all aspects of project information including timelines, resource allocation, scope, and definition - Learn to understand relevant technology as it comes together, and facilitate multi-team tasks to achieve on-time results with high quality - Define business, functional, and reporting requirements, often writing them yourself. Improve how programs are executed, and participate in design discussions, often at high level architecture level with developers, to ensure the appropriate solution is achieved - Own overall multi-functional program schedules including development (client teams, device teams, other business teams) and backend systems
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.