Consumer Audio QA Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products Apps team is looking for an experienced QA engineer to work as part of our expanding applications quality assurance group.
- Experience testing applications on iOS, macOS, or tvOS
- Music and/or audio mobile apps experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of SQA methodologies and practices.
- Proven bug detection and regression skills.
- Ability to work closely with a large team of testers & developers.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs & third-party issues.
- Extensive use of QA tools and networking tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to organize testing responsibilities.
- Ability to lead projects and contribute as part of a team.
You will be joining a team dedicated to delivering the best in class media experience for our customers. Your main focus will be ensuring the quality of our media applications and their integration across the Apple product ecosystem You will be responsible for defining test approaches and plans for assigned functional areas, expanding our current test cases and executing required tests. You will own complete functional areas and must be able to define qualification strategies, as well as execute functionality, compatibility, integration and reliability testing for applications that are part of a complex mobile, desktop and cloud client/server ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, dynamic and detail oriented individual with a strong technical background and excellent black box testing skills. In addition, this position requires an individual able to contribute in a fast paced team environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Experience
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- · Experience with iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS platforms.
- · Strong iOS/macOS knowledge base.
- · Knowledge of media file formats.
- · Experience setting up networks and using network debugging tools.
- · Experience with AirPlay and HomePod a plus